Friday, July 10, 2009

Advocacy In The Mini Moot Court

Alright this little dramatize advocacy was conducted by Legal Skill lecturer Harpajan as one of the way to practice and experience before we embark ourself to the actual world of being a real legal practitioner. To allow us to really catch how advocacy is like in advance, we're given the chance by our lecturer to play part in one of my senior advocacy today! I was so excited when I was requested by Harpy to assist on the advocacy. And surprisingly I was given the role to pretense as the defendant maybe on the basic that I look like a criminal? my defendant lawyer was international student from Nigeria while my prosecutor was my fellow learned friend Wei Joe, well there is lack of formalities compare what we will be doing later in real life.
I was called upon to give oath and answer some question after the witness questioning session was over. I came out with a scheme of trying to act as an illiterate poor fella who had difficulty in pronouncing English phrases. But that wasn't go too well since there is international student around which I can't possibly mess up with. Mr. Harpajan just chuckled when I initially tried to carry out the little humor.
As to sum up, skill like presentation of evidence, relevance, hearsay, expert evidence and the admissibility of evidence was thoroughly demonstrated, student who mastered will be given a good grade for their legal skill and I find that the most essential skill needed by student is the ability to communicate with the jurors and persuasive presentation. I'm looking forward for my very own advocacy test which will be fall on the next 2 semester.
Below are some picture taken:





1 comment:

  1. swt
    tot u goin to put yo pic up there
    where where?
    sigh

    ReplyDelete