Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Red Carpet Affair


A very weary yet significant weekend I had been through. On 17th night was an annual prom night held by ACCA/CAT students of the Sunway University College, and thanks to Yong Xiang I was able to get a chance to revel in this affluent little banquet. I was broke for the last few weeks due to the recent Mega Sale, which I've bought some casual tee in a discounted price, at 1st I was not really inspired by this fancy event when I was initially invited by Yong Xiang. But nevertheless its a once in a lifetime chance given. So without further contemplation, I was affirmed.
The ticket cost RM85 which can be regard as cheap since the venue is Sunway Resort which is one of the deluxe hotel in KL. Ok so speaking of this high-class resort, it takes us more than 20 minutes to get a parking slot near Sunway Pyramid. Chin Hian was the driver, and not that I try to boast, but I feel rewarding for my own persuasive skill, he's one of the most hardheaded friend that I have, and it was very wise for me by trying to approach his gf before actually asking him *grin*. Since there was slot available for a couple with just RM100, so I figure that it might be great idea to invite them since the gf, Francoise has long desired for such an extravagant occasion. In advance we went to Sunway Pyramid to let ourself look tidy. Francoise had her hair set, and makeup/foundation provided with fake eyelashes which cost only around RM50. I got my hair washed and dried and cost me 8 buck...I wasn't surprise that the way they set the hair was ordinary. The price was only offered by A Cut Above Academy, not the Saloon. We are serve by most trainee, so in a harsh way, we can say that we're asked to pay for ourself being experimented. The Saloon would cost RM85 for washing and setting the hair alone, and they will provide your very own stylist which they had familiar with your hair and know what style satisfy you. Now go back to the title, the Ball start around 8:30p.m, which late 1 hour from what had stated. Well, no surprise, we're Malaysian. Me and Chin Hian was late if according to the ideal schedule due to the time consumed during the makeup, however we manage to reach before the opening ceremony. I was surprised when I heard the voice of the emcee, it was very much familiar to me back on those day where my life was only radio and cassette. It was JJ from Hitz.fm. I could not recognize his face since my seat was way too far from the stage and nothing was really clear at that moment. Indeed he had what it takes to be a great comedian. What caught my 1st attention was his special giggling, which I find it pathetic yet amusing. The event went on with eight to ten course dinner, I wasn't sure about the amount, but the food is savory, its better compare the last prom I had attended, and the side dishes are as good. The waiters was very friendly and efficient, each plate are replaced after each meal course is served. After this grand event, we proceed to Euphoria Aka Ministry of Sound. It is the only non-smoking club we may find in the KL vicinity, located just beside the Sunway Resort. There is 3 hall in the club, but since its my 1st time, so we stick around in the main hall, where only techno music is put on. We only drinks beer due to the current economic downturn and my soon to be vacant wallet. We went home around 2a.m in the morning and had our slumber after 3a.m. It was exhausting indeed, guess from here I can see my aging progressively, maybe I should have consult a doctor on progeria *chuckle*

Below are some pic:







No comments:

Post a Comment