Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Whole New Sem

My Sem break had finally came to an end, more challenges and much fatigue endeavor to be accomplished. But of cause for the first week, I wasn't engaged much on my academic. I was the last of my class to get myself enrolled, the payment was made later as well on the fact that I mistakenly interpreted my schedule and book my flight for the wrong date, I wasn't really much out of line. I got surprised for the first class, our good old Tort lecturer Mr. Aru, brought some champagne to share for the whole class, I wasn't expecting any bash or birthday. And as I predicted, it was an settlement as what Mr. Aru had concluded last sem, a contract between us and him. This little informal contract provide that it is a breach for failed to attend for class without medical cert and an average of score that student must achieve for the exam is 60 and above as the covenant. The whole class was amused, yet pressure are sensed at the same time. This could be his idea of motivation or inspiration for us to face the battle, and yeah, this indeed stimulate me for that while. That's about all, there's not much happening for the weekday. Yesterday, Jonathan, who is a senior of mine that gonna fly off this month, came over to my room and overnight after settled his Visa application. That night we occupied ourself 3 to 4 hours of poker till 3 a.m with Chia Chee who is also from Jon's batch. The next day we accompany Ang to settle his fees payment at the bank then proceed to midvalley. The main objective for me to be there with them was to get myself a new swimming goggle, as the previous goggle I use was also borrow from a senior. Then I get a hair cut at Acut Above Saloon, I wasn't much satisfied for the service due to the hair was shorten than what I've expected from my stylist. Then again, I guess it's no harm to try on new style. The quick stroll with the seniors end soon, and this could be the only farewell event we had, and the last occasion I could seen them for this two years. Again, I had to take the congested KTM overflowing with tons of peoples, and don't mention it's Ramadhan or so called the fasting season, Muslim tend to go back home for dinner after 7. So I choose to catch the KTM earlier around 6, but then, the hassle doesn't make much of different, still I gotta wait for the 2nd turn before I could hop on the KTM. And by the time the 2nd train had come, I don't even have to move any step to enter the train, the crowd behind me will push the whole row inside jockey themselves for available space, yet another discomfort experience of mine. It take around 20 min before the misery end, all of us were suffocating, I even get a hard time drawing out my phone from the pocket. But something I've observe which bring some contentment on me, out of the chaotic, a harmonic scene of an old fellow with songkok sharing his "buah kurma" with the other Muslim to satiate their hunger temporary for the long journey ahead. Kurma is a dates-like fruit which Muslim enjoy during this time. Well we couldn't see much of the scene nowadays, the ethical of sharing and the virtuous of caring for each other had lessen. We've been brought up by a sophisticated society, but I still believe in the authentic nature of human's heart, where these fundamental value lies in every one of us. Selamat berpuasa everyone =)

No comments:

Post a Comment