Saturday, October 17, 2009

Aru's Charity Run


Mid-term is approaching, so before facing the arduous pile of questionnaire, I serves in myself for some charitable work. This might sound silly, but I do believes in karma *chuckle*. And since Aru was lack of assistance for the weekend, he so requested few of us commit in the sympathetic event. The main concern and objective was to allow us to participate and exhibit the generous ethical representing the whole law student in Inti. Unfortunately only 3 person(me, Ang and Jojo) was available for the charity drive. Nevertheless, the rest had very much contribute some cash or necessity for the fortuneless family. The family had to rear a 30 years old crippled girl who carried the one-of-a-kind disorder ever since childhood. Public were compassionate for the family after the press report on SinChew. Few thousand of cash are donated through Mr Aru, my tort law lecturer, as well as ADUN for Rahang. The church had also donated some electronic appliance. Of cause, I wasn't just go there to show how tenderness I was *giggle*, me and Jerry both give away some of our old clothing and necessity. Aru was a great person indeed, the devotion towards the people, the distress and support for the poverty, he is in his 65 now, yet, the spirit to serve never dead, and he indeed deserve the respect and veneration. It would be the constituency loss if Aru would have be deprived of the next election(touch wood). Now back to the scene, two Chinese reporter from SinChew daily was hit up for another press report. Each of us was interviewed, and I was very awkward during that session, but lucky the fella was not interested in taking my photo(I know I'm not good looking). As you can see below, I've taken some picture on the condition of the house, Jojo was so compassionate after seeing it that she almost weep out, but for me, I've seen family in worser condition, it's appreciable that they have house and shelter. The huddle took around an hour, following we went for a deepavali visit in Aru colleague's house. Yeah the house was not luxurious, but it's neat and well-ordered with customary Indian style decoration, serve with scrumptious cuisine and snack. The housewife are very courteous and friendly as well. To sum it all, I would probably express some acknowledgment for Mr Aru for bringing us to such an experience. Nevertheless, serving for the poverty or ills should be obligated as the member of the citizen. What if you're in their position and without any aids, try to think about it=).
pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment